What Should Be Done In Kerala Tour?
Last updated: 10 Jun 2022
Everyone loves to go on a trip to an offbeat location. A perfect relaxing trip to a nature's paradise with a pleasant climate in Kerala should be your next plan. Kerala has serene backwaters with exotic wildlife as the main attractions for tourists. You can take a trip down to God's own country and have a wonderful experience in various adventures.
In this article, we will tell you about what you can do on your next Kerala tour.
11 Things To Do In Your Next Kerala Tour
The state of Kerala on the Malabar Coast has a distinct culture and landscape. It is unique from the fast-moving world where you can spend some beautiful moments and take part in multiple activities to enjoy with all your heart. So, let us tell you about things to do on your next Kerala tour.
- Stay in a Houseboat- You should not plan a Kerala tour without visiting the backwaters of the coastal state. It has a lush green landscape with rich fauna that makes it a perfect nature lover's paradise. Also, the local villages offer a houseboat cruise experience that is one of its kind in the world. It is ideal for a romantic escape for couples on a honeymoon. There are multiple options to book a stay in a Houseboat at the backwaters of Kerala and relax within the inland lagoons and other waterways.
- Go on a rural village tour- An authentic experience of living in a rural village can be unique for city residents. The backwaters in Kerala are formed by several small villages with welcoming people where you can learn more about them on a rural village tour. The local people engage in fishery, and agricultural activities while sharing their life stories with the tourists.
- Witness a snake boat race- Every year during the monsoon months, tourists can see snake boat races in Kerala. It has 140-foot long canoe-like boats. A total of 110 rowers race together in the inland waterways. Every village organises snake boat races of different styles and sizes. There are even celebrations during the building of the boat that have a special significance in our culture. It's a community event and the adventure is compared to the Olympics race. Each team has to complete their league within the scheduled tournament.
- Be a part of the Temple Festival-The temple festivals of Kerala holds a special place in the hearts of the local people. It is a tribute to the local gods and goddesses where elephants are the highlight. You will get to see large processions of elephants decorated with jewellery and accompanied by drummers, musicians, and colourful floats of gods and goddesses. It is celebrated during the March and April seasons. You can witness this festival in Thrissur and Palakkad districts where there are small scales festivals if you want to enjoy the festival away from large crowds
- Go on a wildlife safari- There are countless national parks in Kerala ideal for a wildlife safari. You can get to see rare species of animals in their natural habitat. You can even go for an elephant ride and explore the thick jungles on an open jeep ride. The jeep safaris are the best way to see rare animals. The best places for wildlife safaris in Kerala are Wayanad wildlife sanctuary, Muthanga Wildlife Safari, Periyar National Park, and Eravikulam National Park.
- Try Parasailing- How about flying into a clear sky? You can get an opportunity to do parasailing in Kerala. They will tie you to a harness and parachute that will make you fly. This recreational sport does not need training, but you will have professional assistance. Some places to parasailing in Kerala are Papanasham Beach, Payyambalam Beach, and Alappuzha Beach.
- Experience Scuba Diving- The backwaters in Kerala are perfect for an adventurous scuba diving experience. The coastal state has a treasure of rich marine life, black corals, and sharks. The most popular places for scuba diving in Kerala are Cherai beach and Varkala beach.
- Go for a Bamboo Rafting- Bamboo rafting offers an adventurous eco-tourism opportunity of rating on the bright waters. These rafts are made from bamboo and give you a panoramic view of the rolling hills. You can see animals like gaur, elephant, sambar and much more. Also, you can sit down by the lake and enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of the lakes. This activity is available at Periyar wildlife sanctuary, Thekkady, and Ernakulam.
- Try kayaking- Kayaking is a kind of adventure sport where you can Glide on a small boat on the water streams. You can go through the countless canals on a kayak and see some beautiful lagoons. At the same time, you can also put your rafting skills to the test here. You can go Kayaking at Kundala Lake, Pookot Lake, and Bansura dam.
- Go for a campfire and camping experience- Everyone likes to take a camping experience with friends or family at a diverse location. Well, Munnar is the best place for camping between natural green hills. You can even go hiking and camp under the lights of moons and stars for a refreshing experience. The cool and pleasant atmosphere will give you some memorable and precious thrilling moments
- Taste the local cuisine- Any trip is incomplete without tasting its delicious cuisine. Kerala has a rich variety of cuisines that attracts tourists to the state. The local food is a mix of Hindu, Christian, and Muslim food styles with a coastal influence. At the same time, the food is made flavorful with the local spices. Some popular dishes from Kerala are fish (karimeen), prawns, Tapioca (kappa), served with fish curry, puttu, appam, sadya, idiyappam, etc.
If you want to explore the above-mentioned activities and go on unique adventures in life, then you must visit Kerala. Kerala or gods own country has multiple hidden gems and tourist attractions. Kerala tour packages offer the best, detailed, pocket-friendly tour packages for Kerala. You will get an amazing local and refreshing experience where you will come back with lots of happiness and memories.
CONTACT - KERALA TOUR PACKAGES
THE TRAVEL PLANNERS
Mob: +91 72930 79008
THE TRAVEL PLANNERS
Tel: +44 20 3322 4388
USEFUL LINKS: KERALA TOUR PACKAGES