What will be a good offbeat itinerary for Kerala from Mumbai?
Last updated: 10 Jun 2022
Do you want to relax in life and enjoy a stress-free trip?
The Urban Metropolitan City of Mumbai is The financial and entertainment capital of India. It forms the headquarters of numerous Indian companies and is home to Bollywood and Marathi Cinema. If you want a break from the fast and complex life of Mumbai, then you must take a relaxing vacation to the backwaters of Kerala. You can express the rich culture, scenic beauty, rolling hills, picturesque mountains, lush greenery, soothing waterfalls and local spice/tea plantations, and much more.
In this article, we will give you 5 reasons why you must visit Kerala. Also, we will tell you about the best Kerala tour packages from Mumbai.
5 Compelling reasons to Visit Kerala From Mumbai:
Kerala, also known as God's own country, is a special preference among tourists for its diverse culture and geography. Let us give you 5 compelling reasons to visit it next time:
- (1). Soothe your taste buds with Authentic Food - In Kerala, your Vacation is incomplete with authentic food more than just idli and doses. You will get ample vegetarian and seafood dishes to eat filled with local flavorful spices and served on a banana leaf. The land of spices is known for its traditional food that includes coconut for a perfect South Indian vibe. You will get a break from the regular street food of Mumbai, by trying some unique cuisines there.
- (2). Relax with the peaceful streams of the backwaters - As a Mumbaikar, you would visit beaches more than once. But, nothing can be beautiful and peaceful as the backwaters surrounded by lush green trees in Kerala. You can experience it closer by staying in houseboats and exploring a lifetime experience with it.
- (3). Stroll in the picturesque hills of the state - Kerala has a beautiful gift of nature with stunning hills that make you feel that you are standing in dreamland. There are dense tropical forests, grasslands, green hills, and stunning local tea and spice plantations that make you experience some peaceful moments between the regular stressful life.
- (4). Experience the rich culture of Kerala - Among all the other reasons, the most unique one for visiting Kerala is its rich culture, history, heritage, and people. The festivals and celebrations in Kerala are celebrated with great pomp and grand rituals. Moreover, the dance, art, architecture, and music of Kerala makes it a must-visit destination
- (5). Explore the abundant lifestyle of Kerala - If you Birdwatch and visit sanctuaries then Kerala should be your ideal destination. You can see the Indian Koel, Loten's sunbird, a Ceylon Frogmouth, and a rare kind of owl among others in Kerala. Furthermore, the state has more than 25 wildlife sanctuaries and national parks in the state with abundant wildlife like Indian sloth bears, lion-tailed macaques, Indian bison, Nilgiri tahir, etc.
After knowing about the reasons to visit Kerala, let us tell you about the best Kerala tour package from Mumbai.
6 Best Kerala Tour Packages from Mumbai:
You might have been motivated to visit Kerala from Mumbai, after reading the above-mentioned reasons. So, let's tell you about affordable and comprehensive Kerala tour packages from Mumbai:
- (1). Munnar- Thekkady- Alleppey tour: The former resort of the British Raj, is also known as Kashmir or south. It's the ideal honeymoon destination of Kerala. This popular tourist hub and resort has intricately designed towns with rare flora and fauna. Moreover, its high peaks give the perfect romantic vibes. Thekkady is also a popular tourist destination in Kerala. It is well known for its Periyar National Park, evergreen, semi-deciduous, and savanna grasslands. Also, it is home to wildlife like elephants, sambar, tiger, lion-tailed macaque, and Nilgiri langurs. On the other hand, you can end your trip by staying in a houseboat and experiencing the backwaters with water streams and canals in Alleppey.
- (2). 3 Day Munnar Trip: Do you want to visit a place that matches the picturesque on postcards and calendars? If yes, then Munnar is your ideal destination with rolling hills and wide local tea plantations. This popular hill station is a suitable place for nature lovers away from the hustle-bustle of Mumbai city. Munnar holds the title of being one of the tea and spices in India. As a tourist, you can visit tea museums to know about the history and machinery for producing tea. Also, you can enjoy cycling through the Hill station in the 3 day Munnar Trip which is one of the best Kerala tour packages from Mumbai.
- (3). Munnar-Alleppey tour: How about visiting one of the best hill stations in India with sprawling gardens, tea plantations, national parks, dams, and wildlife sanctuaries with a lot more. The destination is none other than Munnar with breathtaking scenery. On the other hand, Alleppey is considered the oldest planned city in the region. Also known as the 'Venice of east' the place is a perfect place to explore calm backwaters, with an overnight stay in the houseboats. This Munnar-Alleppey package is a perfect Kerala tour package from Mumbai where you experience the best of nature.
- (4). Alleppey - Kumarakom tour: Do you want to get a more authentic view of Kerala? If yes, then an Alleppey- Kumarakom tour will give you that opportunity. You can rejuvenate yourself from the busy life of Mumbai with an ayurvedic spa and a stay in Ayurvedic resorts. Moreover, you can get a more soothing experience in Kerala at Kumarakom. This happening spot is a beach lover's paradise located in the backdrop of Vembanad Lake, the largest lake in the state of Kerala. You can visit backwaters, sanctuaries, lakes, museums, and much more on the trip.
- (5). Kerala Family Tour (Cochin, Munnar, Thekkady, Kumarakom, Houseboat, Kovalam): Do you want to visit Kerala with your family for a short vacation? If yes, then you must go on a comprehensive travel experience of the state with a Kerala family tour package. This Kerala tour package from Mumbai covers 5 major locations of Kerala. Kochi or the queen of the Arabian sea is a vibrant modern city with an old Harbour Port that has been known for the global spice trade in the world. Thekkady is a delight for nature and wildlife lovers with dense evergreen forests. The rural destination of Kumarakom with luxury resorts will give you a better insight into the backwaters with picture-perfect streams of water. Your family trip will be incomplete with a stay in the prominent houseboats of Kerala with a memorable experience. Lastly, the coastal town of Kovalam with pristine beaches, shallow waters, and low tide will give a more calm and peaceful time in the state.
- (6). Bangalore- Mysore- Wayanad- Ooty Tour: The metro city of Bangalore is considered the Silicon Valley of India and the leading IT exporter of India. Also, it's known for its food, shopping, and culture. Mysore is known for its heritage, structured palaces, and popular festivals that are deeply rooted in its rich history. Next, the rural district of Wayanad is located on a high altitude, forested regions, abundance of wildlife, and stunning scenic beauty. Lastly, the resort town of Ooty was a summer resort in the British Raj. You will get to see the reflection of the British colonial past, local tea plantations, peaceful lakes, and dense forests in Ooty.
Do you want to get any of the above-mentioned Kerala tour packages from Mumbai?
Kerala tour packages offer tour packages carefully designed with first-hand experience of the state. Also, they design affordable and comprehensive tour packages that include the best experiences from various prominent gems in the backwaters of India.
CONTACT - KERALA TOUR PACKAGES
THE TRAVEL PLANNERS
Kariyad, Mecadu p.o.
Mob: +91 72930 79008
THE TRAVEL PLANNERS
Tel: +44 20 3322 4388
USEFUL LINKS: KERALA TOUR PACKAGES