What are the best spots of Kerala to visit with family?
Last updated: 11 Jun 2022
One of the best memories that we all have about childhood is adventurous and joyous family trips. Those days when we used to be excited that our exams would end and we go to a particular place, rest in a comfortable room, eat delicious food and most importantly visit some beautiful tourist spots. We used to stand mesmerised by watching historical buildings, have fun with the family at beaches and make sandcastles and stroll through the mountains while talking for hours.
Even after growing up and becoming busy in modern complex life, the best escape can be a short vacation with family. It refreshes and rejuvenates the mind while improving relationships with the family members. You can come back to a new self and start your work with a new zeal.
Do you want to go on a family trip that fits your budget?
India is filled with many wonders for travelling and experiencing a new world. One such wonder is Kerala, God's own country. The backwaters have every aspect of a good tourist spot like equitable climate, rich culture, historical heritage and serene long coastline, among lots more. It is relatively easy to travel to Kerala because there are multiple specially designed Kerala tour packages with family for a comfortable stay.
So, if you are wondering what you can do in Kerala, we have listed some beautiful spots in Kerala to visit with family that are
- (1) Alleppey (Alappuzha)- It is also known as the backwater capital of India or Venice of the east. Alleppey has stunning, peaceful backwaters with a naturalistic beauty. It is known for its houseboat rides and a beautiful network of canals and lagoons that makes it one of the best backwater destinations in Kerala. Also, there are small villages to stroll and Ayurvedic therapies for a relaxing experience. This picture-perfect location is a must-visit with your family, and it forms the leading destination in Kerala tour packages with family.
- (2) Cochin- This modern, vibrant city is a combination of rich cultural values and the historical heritage of Kerala. Also known as the 'Queen of Arabian sea', the beautiful Port of Cochin has been an essential part of history and Arabian, Chinese and European traders used to come through it. You will see people from different cultural backgrounds and traditional living with a modern outlook in the prominent city. It houses the traditional spice market of Kerala. Furthermore, it has numerous historical buildings, including a settlement called colonial bungalows.
- (3) Munnar- How about visiting a stunning gill station between the laps of western ghats in Kerala. Located at the height of 1,600m above sea level, the Vacation spot has beautiful surroundings with rolling hills, mountains, breathtaking waterfalls and a calm ambience. You can walk through the long tea plantations in summer, winter or monsoon and spend some quality time with your family and friends. Earlier, Munnar was a resort for the British elite in Kerala. If you like to explore wildlife, then Munnar has Eravikulam National Park for some adventure.
- (4) Wayanad- Do you want to visit pristine forests with enchanting beauty? If yes, Wayanad is your destination. Wayanad is situated in the laps of western ghats at the height of 700-2,100m. This unique hill station allows visiting untouched nature with lush greenery and pristine forests that are 3,000 years old. The Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary houses animals like Asiatic elephants, tigers, leopards and egrets. Also, Ambukuthi Hills to the south, Edakkal Caves have ancient petroglyphs that are said to be from the Neolithic age. The place is located near the border of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, with widespread spice plantations. Wayanad is a popular addition to the Kerala tour packages with family.
- (5) Kovalam- If you love beaches, Kovalam is your destination. It has charming beaches and a charismatic Arabian sea coast that makes it the beach town of Kerala. It is located at a distance of 16km from the capital city of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram. It has a picturesque beauty, and you can participate in multiple beach activities or stroll through the sand. Along with that, you can visit the famous lighthouse of the destination. The beaches in Kovalam have shallow waters and low tides that make them a perfect part of the Kerala tour packages with family.
- (6) Vagamon- If you are looking for a unique holiday experience, you must visit vagamon. It is another beautiful hill station in Kerala, but it is also one of the least explored tourist spots in Kerala. It is perfect for leisure travel and family trips with several activities for adventure seekers like paragliding, mountaineering, rock climbing, trekking, and a lot more. It is a common destination in Kerala tour packages with family. However, you can get it added to your package.
- (7) Kozhikode- Kozhikode is a coastal city of Kerala that forms a vital spice trade centre in the state. It is situated near Kappad Beach, where Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama landed in 1498. An old lighthouse forms a popular spot for watching the sunset, and you must visit it in your Kerala tour packages with family. Historically, it was the capital of Malabar during the Zamorin rule 500 years ago. Now, it is known for its centuries-old trade in cotton and spices with Jews, Arabs, Phoenicians and Chinese. It has one of the lowest pollution levels in the country, and it is well-connected by roads and railways.
- (8) Thekkady- Any Kerala Tour package with family is incomplete without Thekkady. This evergreen location is strategically well-connected with other popular tourist spots in Kerala. This place is a natural evergreen abode with exotic wildlife species to explore. It is suitable for family trips because it has a cool climate, luxurious villas and lots of greenery. You can experience soothing nature by walking by the stunning waterfalls and never-ending spice plantations.
If you are planning to visit Kerala with family and explore the stunning locations mentioned above, you must contact Kerala tour Packages for it. Kerala Tour packages will be your best companion to visit the spice capital of India comfortably with family. The Kerala tour packages with family are carefully designed by travel experts for a relaxing and hassle-free trip to enjoy with family.
CONTACT - KERALA TOUR PACKAGES
THE TRAVEL PLANNERS
Kariyad, Mecadu p.o.
Mob: +91 72930 79008
THE TRAVEL PLANNERS
River Front, Enfield EN1 3FG
Tel: +44 20 3322 4388
USEFUL LINKS: KERALA TOUR PACKAGES